Winkler Partners Attorneys at Law of Taiwan and Foreign Legal Affairs is seeking a native English speaking paralegal to assist our team in advising international clients and other related tasks, including:
- Assisting the firm’s employment, corporate and intellectual property teams in providing accurate and practical advice and recommendations to our clients.
- Helping colleagues understand the full cultural context of our international clients’ legal needs and questions.
- Drafting, reviewing and editing emails, agreements, legal memoranda, reports, and other documents.
- Conducting research into Taiwan laws, regulations, current events and changes in the legal landscape.
- Attending client meetings and conference calls, as well as participating in local and international events and educational activities on behalf of the firm.
- Assisting legal staff on other matters as the opportunity or need arises.
- Must be able to legally work in Taiwan. This means the successful applicant will hold either: Taiwanese citizenship, an APRC, an open work permit, an Employment Gold Card or other work authorization documents.
- A willingness to learn about Taiwan law and a general understanding of Taiwan’s legal system. A general interest in Taiwan’s broader social and current affairs is a plus.
- Relevant work experience in the legal industry either in Taiwan or abroad or a keen interest in the law and legal affairs.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills and an open mind.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills equivalent to that of a native speaker, with at least intermediate or advanced spoken Mandarin Chinese, including listening and reading abilities.
- Experience working in a multicultural or multilingual environment is preferred.
- Can work individually or as part of a team.
- Experience with document and client management tools and applications is a plus.
- Admission to the bar is not required, but prior legal training or experience is a plus.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, and gender identity, and encourage applicants from under-represented communities to apply. Our office is inclusive, diverse and highly bilingual. It is a great environment to improve Mandarin Chinese language skills.
Please send a current resume and one-page cover letter outlining why you believe you are an ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com.