For many years, Winkler Partners has aimed to reduce our negative impact on the natural environment, while looking for meaningful ways where we can create positive impact, both in our immediate community and further afield. In 2006, we set up a Green Office Department that coordinates office greening, looks for ways to reduce energy usage, promotes the use of environmentally friendly products and services, and shares our experience with other businesses and our community by inviting them to visit our offices and roof garden. As part of that commitment, we publish annual reports on our progress. At a glance, in 2022 we:
- Achieved carbon neutrality.
- Generated 20% of our office electricity consumption from our rooftop solar panels.
- Entered into a long-term direct power purchase agreement with a renewable energy provider supplying 68% of our energy needs.
- Purchased green energy certificates covering the remaining electricity we used. This means that 100% of our electricity is sustainably sourced.
- Offset our international travel emissions, which were 37.03 tons in 2022. We did this through a fellow B Corporation, Climate Care.
- Offset the remaining emissions, 25 tons, through a Gold Standard project in Changhua County, Taiwan.
Our full environmental report is available in English here and Chinese here. For inquiries regarding our energy-saving initiatives or our roof garden, please contact City Shen at firstname.lastname@example.org.