Winkler Partners Attorneys at Law of Taiwan and Foreign Legal Affairs is seeking a full-time paralegal/legal consultant to assist our Taiwan lawyers in advising foreign clients and other related tasks, including:
- Assisting the firm’s employment, corporate and intellectual property teams in providing accurate and practical advice and recommendations to our clients.
- Helping colleagues understand the full cultural context of our foreign clients’ legal needs and questions.
- Drafting, reviewing and editing emails, agreements, legal memoranda, reports, and other documents.
- Conducting research into Taiwan laws, regulations, current events and changes in the legal landscape.
- Attending court hearings, client meetings and conference calls, as well as participating in local and international events and educational activities on behalf of the firm.
- Assisting legal staff on other matters as the opportunity or need arises.
- A willingness to learn about Taiwan law and a general understanding of Taiwan’s legal system.
- Relevant work experience in the legal industry either in Taiwan or abroad or a keen interest in the law and legal affairs.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills and an open mind.
- Strong English skills equivalent to that of a native speaker, with at least intermediate or advanced spoken Mandarin Chinese, including listening and reading abilities.
- Experience working in a multicultural or multilingual environment is preferred.
- Can work individually or as part of a team.
- A general interest in Taiwan’s social and current affairs.
- Experience with document and client management tools and applications is a plus.
- While admission to the bar is not required, legal training or experience is a plus.
Please send a current resume and one-page cover letter outlining why you believe you are an ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com.